Monday, November 12, 2012

Recycled Envelopes Art Journal

This is a cute little journal that I made a few months ago entirely out of recycled envelopes. The cover is from a pair of girls jeans that I found at a rummage sale - sewn onto an envelope- and the tags are all made from various food boxes. Most of the envelopes are either painted or covered with painted paper that I used to cover my work table. Some of the envelopes are stitched together, and they are all handsewn into the binding. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Cover from a pair of girls jeans, I used the button enclosure from the jeans
to keep the journal closed.


Close up of one of the tags


The book is wonderfully chubby! This is why I am glad I used the button enclosure!


Love the google envelope!


View of the inside front cover


Fronts of the tags


Backs of the tags - see all the different boxes I used!


Art journaling does not have to be an expensive hobby. Just use what you have around the house!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is really great! Such juicy color and detail!